** The Full Extended Version of this Episode is 50 Minutes long and available only to FM+ Subscribers **
** The Public Version is a preview featuring about 15 minutes of the episode. **
** Details on become an FM+ Subscriber to access the full episode below. **
Mark Howard is an accomplished Engineer, Producer and Musician – who worked with Bob Dylan as the Engineer on two of his most loved albums: Oh Mercy and Time Out Of Mind. In this conversation Mark tells us about the everything from the very beginning when Dylan drove himself up to the Teatro Studio for a different project, to 3am phone calls when Mark encouraged Bob to come finish the songs they’d recorded and then put out Time Out Of Mind.
In between we hear some great stories from inside the recording studio.
We’re a proud member of The FM Podcast Network.
- Mark Howard’s Book: Listen Up (Amazon)
- Mark’s Photo Book: Recording Icons/Creative Spaces (Amazon)
- Mark Howard’s Credits (Engineering, Production, Playing (AllMusic.com)
To listen to the Extended and Bonus Episodes of our shows you can either:
- Subscribe to FM+ : Click the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts or sign up here. (One subscription covers all our network podcasts for one low price ! )
- Join FM Premium: Get an FM+ Subscription plus video interviews, blog posts, a weekly bonus email and more.
- This interview is available on video for FM Premium Members.
FREE WEEKLY BOB DYLAN NEWSLETTER
Every week we collect and organize all the latest Bob Dylan News and Links, including new releases, reviews, concerts, podcasts, books, and share then in an organized list. Stay up-to-date on everything in the world of Bob Dylan.
- The Dylan.FM Website
- PodDylan – celebrating the work of Bob Dylan one song at a time.
- The Dylantantes – interviews and discussions with Bob Dylan thinkers.
- The Bob Dylan Primer – a start to finish introduction to Dylan’s career.
- Search all of our Dylan podcasts by album, song, or topic.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Drop us a note to [email protected].