** The Full Extended Version of this Episode is 45 Minutes long and available only to FM+ Subscribers **
** The Public Version is a preview featuring about 15 minutes of the episode. **
** Details on become an FM+ Subscriber to access the full episode below. **
Scott Warmuth is a Dylan fan, scholar, and researcher who is known as the guy who discovered the ‘late period’ writing style of Bob Dylan by identifying hundreds of influences and borrowed lyric sources across all kinds of books, movies, magazines, and more.
In this episode he points his magnifying glass at Time Out Of Mind and shares with us some of the sources that ‘inspired’ Dylan as he was creating the songs on this album. We’ll hear about Henry Rollins, Johnny & Jack, and others who’s writings have inspired or empowered the lyrics of Bob Dylan.
- Follow Scott Warmuth on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Blog
- Scott Warmuth on The Bobcats Podcast
- Scott Warmuth on Man and God and Law Podcast
- Scott Warmuth in the book – The Dylanologists (Amazon)
To listen to the Extended and Bonus Episodes of our shows you can either:
- Subscribe to FM+ : Click the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts or sign up here. (One subscription covers all our network podcasts for one low price ! )
- Join FM Premium: Get an FM+ Subscription plus video interviews, blog posts, a weekly bonus email and more.
- This interview is available on video for FM Premium Members.
Get Our Weekly Bob Dylan Newsletter
Every week we collect and organize all the latest Bob Dylan News and Links, including new releases, reviews, concerts, podcasts, books, and share then in an organized list. Stay up-to-date on everything in the world of Bob Dylan.
- The Dylan.FM Website
- PodDylan – celebrating the work of Bob Dylan one song at a time.
- The Dylantantes – interviews and discussions with Bob Dylan thinkers.
- The Bob Dylan Primer – a start to finish introduction to Dylan’s career.
- Search all of our Dylan podcasts by album, song, or topic.
Questions or Comments?
Drop us a note to [email protected].