Michael Gray invented analysis and criticism of Bob Dylan songs with the 1972/3 release of Song & Dance Man. And over the last 50 years and through two major updates of that book, he has remained one of our best and most eloquent of the Dylan scholars.
In this episode we talk about the Good As I Been To You / World Gone Wrong chapter from Song & Dance Man III. The discussion is centered around quotes from the book, I read them and Michael reacts and expounds on his thoughts. We cover 10 of the album’s 13 songs.
What you’ll hear, in the excerpts in in Michaels comments, is a masterclass on Bob Dylan criticism and analysis.
>> There is a much longer version, and video, of this episode available. Details below.<<
THE EXTENDED EDITION
To listen to the Extended and Bonus Episodes of our shows you can either:
- Subscribe to FM+ : Click the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts or sign up here. (One subscription covers all our network podcasts for one low price ! )
- Join The FM Club: Includes an FM+ Subscription plus video interviews, blog posts, events and more in the world of Bob Dylan.
- This interview is available on video for The FM Club Premium Members.
FREE WEEKLY BOB DYLAN NEWSLETTER
- Sign-up for Seven Days and get everything that happens in the world of Bob Dylan in your inbox every Sunday.
FM PODCAST NETWORK
- Michael Gray’s Website
- Outtakes on Bob Dylan by Michael Gray (Book)
- Good As He’s Been To Us – John Wesley Harding (1993 Review from Stereophile)
- Good As I Been To You – CD (Amazon)
- Good As I Been To You – Vinyl (Amazon)
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Drop us a note at [email protected].