The World Gone Wrong album cover stands out amongst all the Dylan covers – Bob has a top hat on, the colors are vibrant, and he has a detached look that doesn’t exude the confidence you find on all of his other covers. The picture was taken during the filming of a video for Blood In My Eyes, and it’s one of dozens of amazing photographs taken by Ana Maria Vélez Wood.
Ana Maria is a professional dancer, choreographer, and an accomplished singer-songwriter, and someone who always takes photographs. Friend Dave Stewart knew that, so when Dylan called for an impromptu video Dave call Ana Maria to take the still photographs.
There is an Extended Version of this episode – and a video version with photographs. Details below.
The result was the album cover, but also a series of amazing photos later displayed in Sweden and London at Gallery Exhibitions called ‘Blood In My Eyes’. You can see many of these photos on Ana Maria’s website.
We talk about the shoot, working with Dylan and Dave, the exhibitions, and how the photos have been received by Dylan fans for the 30 years since the shoot.
- The Blood In My Eyes video (YouTube)
- The Blood In My Eyes Photography Website
- The Photography Exhibition Video
THE EXTENDED EDITION
To listen to the Extended and Bonus Episodes of our shows you can either:
- Subscribe to FM+ : Click the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts or sign up here. (One subscription covers all our network podcasts for one low price ! )
- Join The FM Premium: Includes an FM+ Subscription plus video interviews, blog posts, events and more in the world of Bob Dylan.
FREE WEEKLY BOB DYLAN NEWSLETTER
- Sign-up for Seven Days and get everything that happens in the world of Bob Dylan in your inbox every Sunday.
FM PODCAST NETWORK
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Drop us a note at [email protected].